Sunday, August 14, 2011

Cats socialization

Burmese

I fell for the first time in cats Burma ten years ago, when I went to a friend's house to her new cat, the name to see a beautiful Burmese cat breed darshan. Sat Darshan regally on a very high cat tree, as has been done to a king, along with other woman seemed pretty Burma.

Catnip Plants

I was fascinated by her beauty, and when I learned more about the breed, its folklore and its history, has promised me my cat would be a next Birman.But I have forgotten these thoughts in mind, and finally.

How I Won the Heart of my Birman cats unsocialized

A few years later, my cat died, and why I always have a cat in my house, I went looking for a new cat companion almost immediately. I firmly believe the adoption of animals from shelters or shelters because of the huge problem of overpopulation of dogs and cats. So I started the Pet Finder web site, and I was surprisedsee a cat that looked almost identical to the darshan local animal shelter available. I was immediately on the phone and asked if it was available. The owner told me that the cat was called Leanne and was a mix of the Himalayas. However, when I visited, I could see it was a Burmese.

Thoroughbred Burmese are very expensive and can range from $ 500 - $ 700 I was excited and immediately wanted her, despite the fact that he had to take a history of neglect and social problems, has beenvery shy and hid from people all the time. It 'been almost impossible to find them when I meet them for the first time was in the sanctuary, and no one was able to try to connect with her for months. The director of the sanctuary has warned that Leanne will perhaps never socialized.

When I was Leanne, had two years, and now at six, is a member of my family thoroughly socialized loves my dog, Beardog, greets the people passing by, and loves to sit on my lap and sleep with meduring the night. It took me many months to convince her out of her shell, and have been hidden for a long time. But now it has all the wonderful qualities of Burmese cats. They are gentle cats usually are like humans and other animals, are strong and healthy with few genetic problems, and they are charming and very social.

That was my strategy to Leanne who love me and come out:

I've bribed with toys and play time - I discovered that if I broughttheir toys, at the end of the day, was ready to play with me (which was amazing, because they absolutely refused to interact with anyone in the sanctuary). Every day, when I came home from work, I would like to bring some 'its new interactive toy and sit on the floor with her for about an hour, as he jumped around like a normal puppy, who loves to play you.

By far the best toy and well done that I found was, from Bird. A friend who had recently adopted two cats recommended by Bird, and it's reallybrought them out of their shells. While you can relax and watch TV, I occupied my cat unsocialized, literally for hours, amazing backflips and jumping do not know this was possible even for cats gymnastics. The road to my heart was Burmese gymnastics!

I found some cat furniture can call their own - all cats are zero to train their muscles and sharpening their claws (! Please do not declaw your cat), you must provide a suitable scratching post - I found alarge contribution in line!

Cats, like dogs, children and many adults are slightly affected it - Treats are a great way to teach your cat to come when you call. After learning that she has managed in a bag, just shake the bag and call, and usually you can also show cats unsocialized. Get the goodies that are good for your cat!

Catnip makes cats happy - it's catnip for cats is like chocolate for the people. It makes their brains a good feel and seems to cause apositive response in cats. Buy toys with catnip, catmint plants to provide fresh or dried catnip is a great way to show your unsocialized cats have much to offer and are a major supplier.

In addition to the toy cat, cat furniture, is cat, Catnip, I also busy building a psychology major cat Burmese confidence in my shady. Money alone can not buy you love one unsocialized cat. Leanne was, despite all the treats, toys andBribes still hidden in the basement more often than I wanted. Here are some tips to develop a healthy long-term relationship with a cat:

Never a scream cat - does not work, especially if a cat already skittish. If you need to discipline a cat, it is best to clap loudly when they are bad, in order to associate an unpleasant noise with their behavior rather than the discipline of giving directly to you. Never hit a cat - cats do not forgive any kind of physicalDiscipline, and will lose the trust you have worked hard to win. Be patient and do not expect that socialization occur too quickly - it took about 3 months before Leanne was comfortable to walk freely in my room, and another month before they could move freely around my house. For a long time, he with his tail down a run to another hiding place, directly from the game and sometimes treated and then retreat to their safe hiding place. Do not pull the cat out of hiding- It allows them to be alone when they are ready. Once they have their litter box and sleeping area and dining area, do not change! Cats hate change and only if it is always socialized, it is best not to make too many changes. Brush your cat often, and show how much affection, as tolerated. Leanne loved to be brushed when they were still in their early to hide. Nursing is a great way to bond with the animals.

It 'true that many wild cats, as it can notare socialized, and is not a good idea to bring home. But there are cats in a shelter that can be very shy, but still a chance for happy family life. If you have the patience and time to have a cat with a job, you can have a wonderful companion. These tips will make the difference.

Cats socialization

No comments:

Post a Comment